There are a few quick ways to reduce the appearance of dark circles underneath your eyes:
- Apply a cold compress to your eyes for 2-5 minutes.
- Use an eye cream with caffeine to reduce the size of blood vessels near your eyes. If you don’t have an eye cream handy, you can wet a tea bag and place it underneath your eyes for a minute or two.
- Using concealer is one of the quickest and simplest ways to hide dark circles. Choose a creamy, solid concealer that matches your skin tone and draw a triangle under your eyes that points down toward your cheek. Carefully pat in the concealer with your ring finger.
Long Term Solutions
While the above tricks can help, dark circles become more and more difficult to hide as people age. The following tips will help you eliminate dark circles for good.
- Get enough sleep. Skimping on sleep is one of the quickest ways to guarantee you’ll have dark circles or puffy eyes. Try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. It may also help to sleep with your head a little bit elevated.
- Take your allergy medicine. Sometimes dark circles are caused by allergies, so taking antihistamines and other allergy medicine as directed by your doctor can help eliminate under eye circles.
- Try carboxy therapy. The Sahara Medical Institute uses carboxy therapy to treat a variety of skin issues. This procedure uses carbon dioxide to improve circulation, encourage collagen production, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It can also be used to treat dark circles underneath your eyes. A small amount of carbon dioxide is injected underneath your eye to improve circulation, which reduces the appearance of dark circles. The treatment only takes about five minutes and most patients come in 2-5 times, spacing each appointment about a week apart.
To learn more about treating dark circles and improving your skin, schedule a consultation at The Sahara Medical Institute.