1. Stick To Good Habits
Simple daily habits will go a long way toward keeping your skin healthy and beautiful.
- Wash your face in the morning and before bed with mild cleanser.
- Never sleep with your makeup on.
- Use a moisturizing cream during the day, even before you begin to notice signs of aging.
- Use retinoid cream at night.
- Keep your hair away from your face and avoid touching your face with your hands.
2. Eat The Right Foods
A healthy diet protects your body and gives your skin a youthful glow. Salmon, Greek yogurt, pomegranates, avocados, walnuts, blueberries, spinach, kale, and green tea can all help your skin stay healthy and young.
3. Get Enough Sleep
Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep every night—this is one of the simplest ways to keep your skin looking young. Being too tired can make you look and feel older and it takes a hefty toll on your skin.
4. Stay Hydrated
Your body needs water to stay healthy and so does your skin. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. It will help flush out toxins and moisturize your skin.
5. Exercise Regularly
Exercise keeps oxygen flowing to your body and improves circulation—this can give your skin a healthy glow. Regular exercise also causes perspiration, which eliminates toxins from your body before they can damage your skin.
6. Prevent Sun Damage
Sun damage can age your skin faster than almost anything else. Take extra measures to protect your skin from the sun every day, but especially when you’ll be outside.
- Use face moisturizer with sunscreen.
- Wear a broad rimmed hat when spending time outside.
- Choose sunscreen with a high SPF and reapply it throughout the day—you may need to reapply more often if you’ll be at a high elevation or if you’ll be in the water.
- When appropriate wear clothing that covers your skin to protect it from harmful UV rays.
- Do not use tanning beds or lay out in the sun for long periods of time—explore other, safer options if you want a sun-kissed tint to your skin.
7. Explore Treatment Options
After doing everything you can on your own to take care of your skin, it is time to consult a professional. There are many treatments available that can improve the appearance of your skin.
If you’d like to get clearer smoother skin, ask about microdermabrasion or a chemical peel. If you’d like to eliminate wrinkles or restore a youthful fullness to your face, ask about Botox and dermal fillers. The team at Sahara Medical Institute can help you find a solution that suits you, schedule a consultation to learn more.